The provision of Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance by four private Approved Insurers commenced on 1 July 2016. Rules made by the CTP Regulator under section 5(1)(f) of the Compulsory Third Party Insurance Regulation Act 2016 with which Approved Insurers must comply, are published by the CTP Regulator on this website.
Under the Compulsory Third Party Insurance Regulation Act 2016, the CTP Regulator has the function to make and publish rules for Approved Insurers relating to:
- the determination of premiums;
- the management of claims;
- dispute resolution;
- the provision of information to consumers; and
- any other relevant matter.
Rules have been made regarding:
- the CTP Insurance Scheme;
- market practice;
- Approved Insurer obligations;
- information and privacy;
- claims management;
- medical examinations and reports;
- cost of travel;
- use of service providers;
- children's claims;
- interim payments;
- Lifetime Support Scheme;
- disputed claims;
- motor vehicles registered outside South Australia.